Friday, December 14, 2007

WELL CUT MY NUTS OFF AND START CALLIN' ME PEGGY

My phone rings around mid morning and I recognize the number as my docs office.Of course,I stop what I'm doing and answer.It's my docs nurse with the results of my blood work.I brace myself....
"Your fasting sample was normal,at the one hour mark it was slightly elevated,at the two hour mark it was normal.Your triglycerides are down from last time,and your (unintelligible) is also down from last time.You have (garbled) diabetes and doctor recommends exercise,weight loss and a low cholesterol diet".
I reply with:"But if I have diabetes shouldn't I come in for a med consultation and start taking meds"?
She responds:"you don't have diabetes, you are pre diabetes".
What...the...FUCK???
I ask about my recent symptoms and am informed that I have to see the doctor about that.
He can see me January 8th.Apparently,he's not that concerned.
And after that,I felt fine.No dizziness,no head rushes this afternoon,as has been the norm for about two weeks now.
While I should be jumping for joy at the news,I am not.Relieved to be sure...but just what in hell was going on with me?Was it a hard adjustment to my blood pressure meds?Do you have symptoms when you are pre diabetes and way over do it on the sugar and pork?Did I have a virus?Was I just stressing myself out and creating these symptoms with my mind?
I'm going to keep following the new path I'm on health wise as it seems to be the common sense, I want to continue living choice.
But,damn...just damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment