Friday, December 28, 2007

The Ax May Fall...
Today for the first time in over three years of listening to customers scream at me I finally reached my breaking point and hung up on a customer. This would be bad enough if it was just a routine tech call, but it was a supervisor call. Management was pretty supportive, but the truth remains that I hung up on her and that's simply not allowed. I pulled the recording and listened to it when I got home. She wasn't even close to the worst person I've dealt with, but something snapped and I guess I just couldn't put up with the abuse this time. Unfortunately I deal with those kinds of customers multiple times a day and I suppose I just can't handle it anymore even though I did take several more awful supervisor calls after that and managed just fine. No matter; the hang-up incident has been escalated to the provider who will listen to the recording and either be sympathetic or call for my termination. If they don't call for my termination, I think I'm going to ask for a demotion to avoid having to take those kinds of calls in the future. It just isn't worth the extra $2/hour to have to deal up with that kind of crap day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment