Friday, December 21, 2007

THE CASE OF THE $217.00 PIZZA DELIVERY

On 18 December 2007,Ann and th'Rev ordered a pizzone and a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut on line.Our first indication that things were not right was the delivery time,120 minutes.It was early,and a Tuesday.
40 minutes later our order arrived,$13.50 plus a $2.00 tip (for driving around with pizza,probably smoking a joint,and walking 30 feet to our door,then back in the car,finish the joint and jam out to the hives or something).
This morning,Ann reviewed the bank statement on line and discovered that we had been charged $217.00 for our pizza.
$217.00!!!
She immediately called the bank and reported the error.Then she called me to share the news.Then she went back to bed.I did not not have that option since I was at work,and being that shit like this drives me insane,I had no choice but to share it with everyone that came into my field of vision.I even told the story to wetbacks on the elevator that don't speakee the englaise.
I called pizza hut when I got home to rip them a new one,but the manager was so nice and so apologetic that try as I might,I could not muster the asshole inside.I just told him what happened and asked him to ask his people to not be so fat fingered with the keypad.
Our bank was able to resolve it today and at midnight the money will be credited back to our account.
A small example of dumbasses at work and quality customer service (gasp!) coming to the rescue.
And now we can say we ate $217.00 worth of pizza at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment