Thursday, December 20, 2007

Missed my calling?
A customer I was talking to this morning remarked that I had a voice that should be on the radio. It's not the first time I've heard this and and it's usually from someone who works directly in the radio business. Too bad they always live way up north where I don't want to move or I might ask them for a job even though that would be a very inappropriate thing to do. I might be a stickler for policy, but even I have weak moments at times and the thought of new job... well, our regular readers know just how much I love my current job. In fact, I had a customer about six months ago that went to great lengths to explain why I should be on the radio after I professed my disbelief and did offer me a job, but I didn't pay too much attention as it was just the usual "banter" that goes on with a customer while we wait for their computer to reboot. But after today, a particularly bad day at work, I wish I had paid more attention. Not that I want to run off to be a radio announcer - that doesn't appeal to me at all. I got to thinking though that someone has to record all those annoying customer service messages we listen to every time we call a company. Such as, "A corded phone can be a lifesaver in an power outage, be sure to ask your customer service representative about purchasing a corded phone from Company X." Who does those? A voice actor? Is there such a job? Could I do it? Would I even want it? I don't know. But it's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment