Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FEW MILES CAN MAKE

I was at the hoighty toity HEB in Westlake Hills on my way home from work this afternoon to get something for dinner. At my neighborhood HEB...the third world as we like to call it , I can get big packages of pork carnitas really cheap. At this HEB , there was none in sight , but I got a package of oddly cut pork tenderloin for under 6 bucks...7 meal for 2 size pieces...amazing. Just because the cut was less than pleasing to the eye , the top end of pork cuts for cheap.
I got some jonagold apple (big , juicy reds),some 1416 sweet onion and some honeydew melon chunks and busted out the kabob skewers once again and sparked up the grill.








... turns out a very nice combination of flavors...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON A WORK RELATED NOTE...

Some customers provide their own chemicals because they think they are saving money. One of my customers who does this was out of chlorine tablets today and I left a note on my door hanger that they needed to get some.
That customer called me this evening and asked where the previous pool guy was ,asked when they should get the tabs , welcomed me and said that the pool looks great and I was doing a great job. Wow...It made me smile. The drowned , bloated toad I found in their skimmer earlier today did not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GRRLS TOOK ME FOR MY NIGHTLY DRAG....



The creek by the house...Soon to be ruined by another development...unless it can bounce back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment