Saturday, June 20, 2009

I THINK ABOUT WRITING THE EPIC SONG ALL THE TIME

I've been making up songs since I was 10 and writing them down or ticking them away to memory since I was 12.
In 39 years I think I've written a few decent ones - some from my 20's I still play - but mostly they have been turds.
I have never even come close to writing the epic song.
In case you're confused about what makes an epic...here's my top 5 , in no particular order...
Cortez the killer...NY & Crazy Horse
Dragonfly...Clutch
Kashmir...Led Zeppelin
Naked as we came...Iron & Wine
Space station # 5...Montrose...
Completely arbitrary and off the cuff and would probably be different ( With the exception of Cortez ) every 2 hours...too many songs , limited storage.
So I try to write the epic song...it has to be out there...hidden in something I see or do or come across in my everyday life.
Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment