Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Working, working, working
It's been long days at the office followed by more working from home at night. This is all my own doing, a result of wanting to make the most of this brief training time. All too soon I'll be busy with actual floor manager shifts, staff supervision and other duties. The more I learn now, the less time I'll have to spend figuring out how to get the job done when it really matters. Today I managed the floor with an experienced manager at my shoulder. I was only managing the call queue and not all the other stuff that needs to be done, but still I'd had enough after about four hours. I guess I did okay for a first try, but I'm going to have to get a lot better than that before my first solo run.

Tomorrow's going to be a pretty exciting day. It will be my first visit to the call center where my new job is located. I'll get to meet quite a few staff I've never seen in person and check out my new digs. I'll also be working the evening shift and going to work in the afternoon is going to feel really weird. Though this might turn out to be awesome because I've never been a morning person despite 25 plus years of having to go to work at 7 or 8 AM. I'll be pulling at least one evening shift a week in February so this will be a good test run.

Well, I did my best to stay up late tonight in preparation for tomorrow, but after getting up at 5 AM and putting in a 14 hour work day, I'm too pooped to make it to midnight so adios, amigos. I'll update the next time I get a chance to catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment