Saturday, January 14, 2006

Got a light?
They say it's always darkest before the dawn and it's going to be mighty dark if I don't magically pull some money out of thin air to pay the electric bill. It's particularly discouraging because we skimped so much over the holidays in an effort to avoid this very situation. It seems absurd that I would be sitting here this morning crying big fat tears and wanting to just give up and check out over a $250 electric bill, but that's exactly what's happening. Of course, it's not just this one bill, but a long couple of years of dealing with the same sort of thing day after day, week after week and I suppose I'm overdue for a pity party. Best to get it out of my system before I head off to work and pretend I'm the happiest person in the world so I can sound cheerful while talking to assholes on the phone. This too shall pass. Hopefully by tonight I'll be back to my usual stand up and fight attitude and can come up with a game plan to keep the lights on.

No comments:

Post a Comment