Saturday, January 14, 2006

Ppppthpt
The lights are still on for now, but I haven't come up with any way to pay that bill. All day I've been having a recurring daydream/fantasy where I'm hanging out in the backyard near the electric meter with a shotgun in my hand threatening to shoot anyone who tries to turn it off. For some reason the sound track to this fantasy is the song 99 Luftballons which is in German. I heard it a few times in real life back when it was popular, but I have no idea what the lyrics mean other that it's probably about balloons. I'm not sure how it ties in and I can think of over a dozen songs that would be more appropriate, but instead I'm stuck with this one rattling around in my head. I'm definitely going to have to throw some music on the stereo to purge it from my system, but I'll have to wait since Rob's napping at the moment.

Actually, I should probably wake Rob up since we are supposed to put the Pope puzzle together tonight. Rob found this commemorative puzzle of Pope John Paul II in the bargain bin at HEB for $1 and he just couldn't resist. And who knows, maybe putting the puzzle together will catch the attention of the Catholic God and he'll send $250 our way tomorrow. Never know, could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment