Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Now that I have that behind me...
I didn't say in my earlier post, but Rob let the cat out of the bag that the interview was for a position at my current employer. I was told that it's a tough interview with quite a few trick questions thrown in. Well, it turns out the interviews were not difficult at all, but I don't think I got the job. Some of my hypothetical supervision decisions didn't sit so well, but I can't erase 15 years of experience in Human Resources and while it might have been the right answer from an HR perspective, it didn't seem to be the answer they wanted to hear. That's nothing new to me since I spent a lot of years in HR fighting that particular battle with "management", but I didn't have the platform here to defend my decision so there's no telling how it will go down. And I don't particularly care one way or the other. If I stay an L2 then I'll make the most of that position, if I get promoted then I'll run with that. I suppose that's a real advantage to getting older. It's a whole lot easier to just roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment