Monday, January 16, 2006

A REPRIEVE

So...today I'm sitting in front of the TV watching Court TV...background on the case that inspired the film Mississippi Burning. Hard to imagine that kind of pure hatred existed back then, harder even to imagine it still exists today. My phone rang about halfway through, and it was my friend Bill, drummer in our band and probably the one constants in my life since I was a kid. Bill and his family are blue collar all the way, hard working people who struggle more than they coast.
He read about our bind and offered to help. In a prideful moment, I almost turned him down, but there he was in our time of need in a position to help and offering to. I swallowed my pride and accepted.
We'll be able to pay him back quickly, but that's beside the point. The point is he got my back without me asking, in fact it never occurred to me to ask anyone outside of immediate family.
I am reminded again that I have a bigger family than I know sometimes, and that measures similar to this done by me but long forgotten are remembered by the ones I did it for.
What goes around comes around...the circle game, ya know?
Thanks again Billy boy...and if there ever is a next time ( and lets hope there isn't ) for you...I'll get your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment