Sunday, January 01, 2006

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

Nope...don't have one, don't want one, don't need one. I've set myself up for years with these things...these resolutions. You know...lose weight, I've weighed roughly the same since I was 19 years old, the days of ripped and skinny ended for me when I was 17. If I can keep it under 200 till I kick, it's all good. Or how about that quit smoking...I've quit hundreds of times, it finally occurred to me that I will quit some day, so why continue to set myself up? And finally...to be a better person. If I haven't figured out how to be a decent human being in 46 years then just drown me in the river in a burlap bag like I did those kittens (Just kidding).They were actually puppies.
So no resolution here...no sir. But I can tell you how I spent my first day of 2006...
On the couch, in my flaming dragon boxers, watching the TV and drinking mimosas and beer.All day. Band of brothers and Psychic detectives and comedy central...all day.I even watched some show called lock down on MsNbc about high security prisons and the people in them. I was struck by thier random violence against each other and the indignant reactions to the prison officials attempts to contain it."They treat us like animals"...no shit...animal. Jeez... With a revolving cast of canine characters on the couch beside me. With Ann behind me playing her new sims in her pj's...drinking mimosas and beer. Exchanging commentary on the shit on the TV and the nuances of the sims.
Anyway...I'm back at it bright and early tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment