Thursday, January 26, 2006

JUST A RAMBLE ON WHATS GOING ON

We're putting in a breaker panel in the Hogg auditorium...the back wall is curved, and the conduit is exposed, so it has to be curved as well, to ride on the wall. As my foreman is oft to say "It's magic time".
And it was...I'm not sure exactly how he did it, but he put a bow in that one inch conduit that rode the wall like a fucking glove. Everything was going well until we started hammer drillilling the holes in the 7 inch, 80 year old, concrete floor. Rebar everywhere! And some hard ass concrete...not to mention that underneath you have to walk around like that giant in the earthlink commercials, all humpbacked and crooked. I'll throw up some pics tomorrow.Asbestos warning signs EVERYWHERE.EWWWW.
My son wants to come over and cook us hamburgers this weekend and I think Ann is working on sunday...the day he wants to do it. He wants to do it here because we have a grill...You know lockhart isn't that far away but it's far enough to limit the time we get to spend with the kids and Sean, and that bothers me...alot.
I talked to Billy boy today...There's a job open where he works that he thinks Ann could do...regular hours, M thru F...blah blah blah...He knows she just got promoted, but that's just Bill...always looking out. I told him I was gonna come by tomorrow and pay him back for the loan and he says to me " I hope you know that's not why I called"....Come on dude...I know why you called. If you were worried about the money you would have never lent it in the first place. I know the value of friendship and so do you and enough about that.
This guy I work with brought me some Ice Cube CD's today...yes...he's a black guy...but I don't care about that shit...he shared some culture with me. And that's cool...Ice Cube fucking rocks, but I think he says "nigga" too much, but maybe that's because I'm white:).
I have this pain in my elbows that's been going on for about a month now, and my hands are shakier than usual...not sure what's up with that, but I'm concerned and will go see my doctor in the next couple of weeks.
Had to balance out the Ice Cube with some mountain, and I leave you with a passage that has followed me around for 30 plus years....
"Travellin' in the dark...can't see a thing".
Here's another...
"The wages of sin are too hot to handle".
So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment