Thursday, August 11, 2005

Misc. Stuff
Work today was good example of how things are supposed to be. The number of calls sent my way was just about right and thanks to a fewer number of calls, I had fewer number of calls where I couldn't hear the customer so I didn't unconsciously put my neck in the position that causes my headache to emanate from the seventh level of hell. It's more like the fifth level of hell tonight, but hey, if I can continue to drop two levels each day then I'll be back to normal in no time.

The new traffic light at Oltorf and Wickersham is now in operation. This greatly improves the commute to and from work because there are far too many people in this town than can not properly negotiate a four way stop. I'm subject to enough mass confusion at work, the less I have to endure on the road to and from there, the better.

There's a disturbing trend at work which has me talking to several people a day who are dying of cancer. I get the feeling something is trying to remind me that life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

We've had several cooler than usual days here thanks to rain, but now the sun is shining and it's back to the typical August heat. Blue Witch mentioned that she's had a hint of autumn at her place and I can't help but feel a bit jealous. We don't usually get much fall weather and things tend to go from hot to cold and back to hot again. We did have a good bit of spring this year, but paid for it with record heat and no rain in June. Some folks blame global warming and I not disputing that it might play a role, but I've lived here all my life and there's been plenty of years where the weather was out of whack. The only thing you can count on is that at some point in the summer, it's going to be pretty damn hot and in the winter there will be at least one freeze. Everything else is a toss of the coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment