Tuesday, August 09, 2005

KILLING TIME

Everybody does it, all the time. You kill it on your breaks and at lunch, just waiting to get back to whatever it is that you do. And even when you are doing whatever it is that you do, a fair amount of that time is spent killing it. That's the way it is for me anyway.
I used to be a productive type, for example, if there was a show on at 9 I wanted to watch I would engage in productive activities like cleaning the house, or restringing guitars or sorting CD's until that show came on at 9. These days I watch reruns of Law and order or law and order SUV I mean SVU until my target show comes on. Now I just kill time to the point of interest and then I'm present. For that hour or whatever, and in between I'm just killing time.
Structure...I miss it.
I need to start killing time with a purpose again.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment