Sunday, August 07, 2005

THE LINES ARE INCREASINGLY BLURRED

Sometimes that's a good thing.
I went to my grocery today in the work truck I've been driving. Lately, the radio station has been the local hip hop / rap one, so i was bumpin' it to some rap about indo weed and splitting a bag of it. As I passed through the crosswalk there was this young brother attempting to cross, he heard the jam emanating from my truck and saw me...I'm not exactly the image of a homeboy, obviously.
I stopped to let him pass, and as he did he gave me a big grin and a fist up.
It was a rockin' moment.
I've listened to my share of snoop and public enemy, mostly on a lark or by accident. Listening to this station has exposed me to really funny shit lyrically. The music...well most of it you could reproduce with a drum machine and a casio you can program. But the lyrics...they fucking crack me up and at the same time paint a vivid picture of the culture.
I paraphrase...."Before I got the ice on my grill and my ditties" " Before they don't know me...now that I'm hot they all on me" , "My pockets stick out further than my bidness", and my favorite..." My grill be lookin' like a disco ball". The funniest thing is I understand this shit. Diamonds on my teeth and lyrics, a bank roll bigger than my penis, sparkley fucking teeth...these guys and gals rock.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go floss my platinum grill...for reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment