Monday, August 15, 2005

The beer cure
Friday proved to be a day at work that raised the headache back up to the seventh level of hell, but on Saturday I managed to drink enough beer that I didn't feel it anymore. And unlike billy who forgot to eat and paid a dear price, I forgot to eat and woke up just fine on Sunday morning. But this is only because I sweated out the beer about as fast as I was consuming it during my marathon day of doing laundry from 8 AM to 8 PM while going through boxes from the back room. Boxes which provided the source for all that laundry because I came across three very large boxes of clothes and sheets and towels that we had packed up during the remodel. I was hoping for a bit of Christmas in August, but when all was said and done, there wasn't much that was usable at the moment. It was mostly winter clothes which won't come in handy for another four months, the sheets were all for the smaller bed that we once had and the towels were just those ratty ones we use on the dogs when it rains and/or they get a bath. Oh well, I cleaned out a sizable spot in the back room as well finishing a few other projects on Sunday (along with more beer consumption) so it was a very productive weekend. Except that I forgot to rest and relax which was my original plan, given the headache from hell and the sore neck. But lo and behold, mass consumption of beer and physical activity was apparently what I needed because I awoke pain free this morning. That is, until I had been a work a half of a day. Another busy day with far too much head tilting to hear callers who might as well as been on the planet Jupiter for how faint their voices were coming across the phone wires. So I'm ending the day with a bit more beer drinking than I usually do on a weeknight, but I'm skipping the physical activity part. I did enough heavy lifting over the weekend that I ended up with sore arm muscles which can't do much more than the 12 oz curls I'm doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment