Saturday, August 01, 2009

Maybe Sunburned and Definitely Unemployed
We went over to Albert, Carlos & Bill's place today to see Wendy who was in town planning her wedding. Wendy is Bill's daughter and Rob is similar to an uncle or godfather to her so this was a real treat that she was in town and we got to spend some time with her and her finance. I wore shorts even though I never wear shorts due to the sunburn factor, but damn it was hot and humid today so I did it anyway, knowing full well I might pay a painful price tomorrow. It's too soon to tell at this point - I was careful to stay in the shade and I appear to be sunburn free at the moment, but past experience tells me that I could wake up in the morning to a nasty sunburn that hasn't shown up yet tonight. I've never quite understood quite how that works, but it's happened to me time and time again - go to bed with white skin, but wake up in the morning with red. However, a good time was had by all and I even went swimming once the pool was in the shade. Everyone else was either napping or away doing other stuff so I had the pool to myself which made for a relaxing "float on my back all over the pool without worrying about running into anyone else" experience. I like company, but I also like solitude and I got the best of both worlds today.

In other news, I quit my job. I'm eligible for rehire so if I can't find anything else, I can always go back, but I really need a break from that sort of work. Five years is a very long time to work at a call center. I have no idea what I'm going to do next, but if the past is any indication, it will be something completely different from anything I have every done before. It's both exciting and scary at the same time. I took a week off and did pretty much nothing, but this coming Monday I will start the job search procedure - resume writing, job fairs and so forth. I'll just have to see what happens but I hope there is an awesome job out there where I can be happy. Hey, it never hurts to dream and if you are going to dream, might as well dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment