Monday, August 17, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun
That adage has sure proved true and I can't believe a week has passed since my last post. I spent most of that time job hunting which is not exactly fun, but it sure beats doing my old job. What I find particularly amazing is how much happier I've been, even though I haven't found a new job yet and have no idea how I am going to pay the bills. And I still haven't figured out what it is I want to do next. I am not very focused on my job search which I've been told is a bad thing. Instead, I've pretty much applied for any job where I meet the qualifications provided it doesn't require working on weekends. I've even applied for a few jobs where I didn't meet all the qualifications but they had some particular appeal for me such as being located a block away from where I live. While I might not even have a ghost of a chance on those, my chances are exactly zero if I don't apply at all so what the hell.

I have some friends and family members keeping an eye out for me as well and that's usually how one lands a job anyway. For now, I'm trying to make the best out of each day and enjoy this time off as much as possible. And we could always still win the lottery - provided I would just remember to buy a damn ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment