Monday, August 24, 2009

Lunch!
I finally got the chance to have lunch with some friends from where I used to work.
One of them threw in the towel months before I did and truthfully had he still been working there, I probably wouldn't have quit when I did. The three of us had a great time catching up on things and bitching about the old workplace. And I was reminded that I could have a job at his new employer if I get desperate enough. The job itself is an awesome one that I would enjoy the heck out of, but the hours and commute are not so hot. I'd rarely see Rob since I'd be working nights and weekends and it's a long, long drive up north. There's also mandatory overtime and I'm not so sure about that although I've done plenty of 11 hour or longer workdays in the past. If nothing else comes my way in the next month, I'll have to consider that it might be a sign that I should take that job despite my misgivings. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment