Friday, July 31, 2009

EVERY TIME I LOOK TO MY LEFT FROM THIS CHAIR IS A PORTRAIT OF PHIL LYNOTT

I think he's trying to tell me something.
Not really . that would be crazy thinking...But in a looser sense , every time I look at him in all his black Irish - pirate - afro glory I remember how it was back then.
Today I was talking to a swim instructor who is about my son's age and she was amazed that I had graduated from Westlake ( it was a very different Westlake back in the 70's ) which led to her saying she loved 70's music , which led to her telling me about her Mom...and her Dad...I am older than her Dad !
I didn't comment on that.
She is a very sweet kid...her parents raised her right. I get the chance to watch her teaching these toddlers how to swim...she's very good. Makes me smile that there are still good hearted people in the world.
When I was cleaning the pool today , I was picking up bug heads...a bunch of them , all the same,all around the pool (100,000 plus gallon deal...big ) and that is odd.
Swim instructor thought maybe it was birds that don't like the heads...I opined that maybe it was a budding serial killer...
Her responese?
"There are a lot of demon children in this neighborhood...I live here so I know. "
Wow...Back in the day , we may have pulled the wings off of fly's , but it didn't define us.

No comments:

Post a Comment