Wednesday, May 02, 2007

WTF?!?
Just for grins, I decided to apply "online" for credit to *possibly* purchase a certain laptop that I have had my eye on for a long time. I won't necessarily buy it if magically approved nor would I ever consider paying 21.9% interest over the long term, but it never hurts to know one's options since my current laptop has been in death-throes for the last few months or so. Worst case scenario is that the laptop gives up the ghost before I have the funds stashed to purchase a new one and then I'd have to bite the interest bullet for 3 months or so. So I apply online and fill out the usual information that one sees on a credit application, but then I get to this "verify your identity" part after I enter my Social Security number. I wouldn't have batted an eye if these had been questions actually related to *ME*, the credit applicant. However, these were questions regarding my EX-HUSBAND'S BROTHERS. What kind of fucked up shit is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment