Monday, May 21, 2007

MONDAY FROM HELL

To fully explain this I have to back up to Saturday...I worked and was scheduled to work 10 hours,but thanks to a ruptured cold water line on our washer,I only worked 4.Apparently,when I got my tools out of the back seat I left the door ajar and drained my battery down.Steve had jumper cables and saved the day.
All was well for the remainder of the weekend,with Sunday spent on the porch with friends drinking beer,and lots of it.I have not drunk beer in any amount past a glass in several years as it makes my face swell up and my head fill with snot.But...I was impulsive (read:out of vodka).It was great fun.Until this morning,surprisingly,I felt OK,but my truck was not.It barely started.
I made it to work,but at another location down town and every trade had every saw, drill and implement of noisy destruction all going at once and constantly for the entire fucking day.By lunch I was so rattled I thought I would rather kill the carpenter who had been ripping 4x8 sheets of plywood with a circular saw not 10 feet from me rather than hear him rip another sheet.
Then,my 10 in one screwdriver disappeared.These tools are the shit,you have 2 phillips head,2 slotted,2 square drive and 2 star drive screwdriver tips,plus a 1/4 and 5/16 inch nutdrivers all in one tool.And some motherfucker stole it.
And by motherfucker,I mean one of the gook HVAC guys.And the reason I say this is because at the end of the day today,one of those rinky dink rice men picked up my level right in front of me like he was shopping at fucking home depot,and didn't put it down until he met my steely homicidal glare.Fucking thieving zipperheads.
It takes some balls to steal someones means of a livelihood,and had I caught the culprit,I would have beat him down with a pipe bender or something.And that fucking chuck with my level is lucky I wasn't holding something sharp in my hand as he would have been wearing it.Let me tell you,I was so ready to go home.
But it was not to be...the battery was dead again,and would not jump start.This time,we had no jumper cables,but fashioned some from some #10 stranded wire...sketchy and potentially dangerous,but I've seen it work before.It was not to be,and it was then I noticed that the battery had been installed in September...of 2000...that's a good run.
Ann came and rounded me up and we went to the parts house and got a new battery,went back and installed it and we got back home around 7 (stopping off for dinner for an hour).
And my ears are still fucking ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment