Sunday, May 13, 2007

DEAR MOM...

You've been gone since '92,but I still think about you every day,well,almost every day.
Things have changed a lot since you've been gone but I still think you'd be proud of me and your legacy.
I have a new job...I couldn't bang my head against the social work wall anymore and the pool nigger thing didn't work out,so thanks to my friend Rusty I'm an electrician now.
It's honest work and the pay is good.
I finally met my match in Annabelle,and we have been married now for almost 15 years...you'd like her,she's a lot like you.True spirit and all that.
Kyle is married to a real sweetheart and they have a son and a daughter on the way.
He's turned out to be a man to be proud of...I wish you could see them.
The house has changed but I still see you in the kitchen and on the back porch,lamenting the way of the world as only you could do.
I wish I could give you a hug and a rose for mothers day like I did for god knows how many years,but this will have to do.
I miss you.
Happy mothers day.
Love,Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment