Saturday, May 26, 2007

PLAY THAT FUNKY BANJO WHITE BOY

Today I helped a buddy from high school run 2 new circuits in his garage/practice space so they could play to their hearts content and not pop breakers anymore.
My electrician buddy Wolfie (who,coincidentally,knows my friend from the Austin music scene of the 80's)helped me out.It went well and now he has 12 additional outlets on 2 circuits and should never pop a breaker again (until we play in his garage!).
But being around all that is musical inspired me and I have not been playing much the last couple of weeks,so after I got home and took care of my ailing Annabelle,I got out on the front porch with my banjo,my washburn and Irene and composed my first song for the banjo...imagine a civil war era lament about a farm,bad luck and resignation.
It's a beautiful thing.A dark,ugly,beautiful thing.
I guess it's the wolf in me,if you catch my meaning.
Think Dylan's Hollis Brown without the nasally vocals and you're kinda there.
I got cold mountain last night...fixin' to watch it...again.
A wonderful film.
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment