Sunday, May 27, 2007

IT'S ANOTHER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

And of course the weathermen predicted heavy rains,and while parts of central Texas experienced flooding and death,Austin was spared (knock on wood...we still got Monday to get through)any serious rain.Like the great flood on Memorial day in 81...now that was a fucking flood...canoes on Barton Springs road.
So,I have three days off from work and what do I do? Electric work.Albeit for friends and some extra cash and lunch and margs,but mostly cause I can help out my friends and hang out.
My buddy Joel Got one of them fancy giant hang on the wall flat screen TV's and needed a plug installed on the wall behind it so the cord would be hidden...done.I haven't seen him in a few months,and I haven't seen his wife in...fuck,a long time.When I first met her she was really aloof or shy or something,but today she gave me a big greeting and hug and we had a nice visit...it was really nice to see her.I like that girl,Joel did good.
So after the work was done,he took me to lunch/dinner (linner?dunch?) at Maudies north...Sure,I did electric work,but I was hanging out with friends too...same as yesterday.
Annabelle (not a guitar) slept away the day,recovering from whatever crud got us both,and when I called to let her know I was on the way home she was hungry...so I stopped and got her some vittles on the way.
After her dinner,she retired back to the sick bed and other than a trip to the corner for cigs and chocolate (for Ann),I've been going back and forth in our comments with Anon about religion and in the comments over at crooks and liars on a post about the blow up in the Texas house over speaker Craddick (R-Asshat/criminal)that has turned into a general why Texas does/doesn't suck eggs.Highly entertaining stuff.
And all the while I've been jamming to the new Melvins and the new Unsane,burned for me by Joel...dude,that Melvins is the shit!
And my son and his family got a dog(!)if my son wasn't my son,he would be a cat lady like his mom...a small mixed breed,the dog,not his mom.She is small though,so that clarification is important.
But it is memorial day...again.And we have men and women fighting and dying in the field as I type this and to them I say thank you for risking life and limb (and I will not go to the bullshit of this war...it's a war,regardless of right or wrong)and I hope you all come home soon.And to those who served in previous conflicts,my dad,Ann's dad and brother,my buddy John and everyone else who came home or fell on fields of fire,thank you.And bless you for your service to this country,whether it deserved it or not,you have my respect and gratitude.
Sending good thoughts to those deployed...come home soon.
Peace now!

No comments:

Post a Comment