Tuesday, May 22, 2007

INSPECTOR GADGET

All of the jobs I do are inspected by city officials to make sure we are are in compliance with city code and NEC code (national electric code).There are specific criteria you have to meet to pass,plus these inspectors have been around a long time and have, uh...idiosyncrasies.
I spent my entire day re-strapping MC cable because it was "too loose".NEC code requires that you strap your cable within 1 foot of a junction box and every 4 feet after.City inspectors want it to look like fucking prada apparently.And while I'm cool with that...I do it neat the first time.I was cleaning up some shitty work by some other IJ's/apprentices that came before me.
At the end of the day,it all looked pretty,as uniform as you can make gooseneck conduit look without separating it.
As tedious and mind numbingly redundant it was,I looked around at the end of the day at my crisp clean lines of strapage and thought "this is why I am an electrician".
Safe,professional and god damn pretty for that prima - donna inspector.
Fuck that guy.:)
I love my job.
On a side note,my buddy Hez (who did my leg tats) called with a turtle dilemma.Shell rot on an aquatic species...I hooked up with my vet/buddy and got some topical antibiotic for him and his and discussed the next ink for me. Sailor Jerry bluebirds,one good(halo) ,one evil(horns), on my neck...just behind my ears,so my hair covers them.Looks like tomorrow might be the day.
We'll see.
As far as the ink goes I just don't give a shit anymore...I'm gonna do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment