Tuesday, February 13, 2007

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

There's this awesome quote from Phil Lynott ( god rest his guts ) in the Thin Lizzy box set that I have stolen and made my own.
"When I'm in the USA (England), I say, I'm from Texas (Ireland). When I'm in Texas (Ireland), I say, I'm from Austin (Dublin). When I'm in Austin (Dublin), I say, I'm from South Austin.(Crumlin) When I'm in South Austin, I say, I'm from Garden Villa Estates. When I'm in Garden Villa Estates, I say, I'm from Garden Villa Lane (Leighlin Road). When I'm in Garden Villa Lane (Leighlin Road), I say, I'm a Clattenburg (Lynott)".
I love that quote...
Met the kids for lunch today...Sean is growing and (despite the periodic outbursts of I'm almost 2 and pissed) was very entertaining. I especially liked the way he punched his finger through his enchilada bites and considered them visually before shoving them in his mouth and nodding yes. Being a grandparent agrees with me, and that's a good thing, because we will have a grand daughter in the mix in early summer. That's what they were hoping for and couldn't be happier. I'm happy for them.
This ties into a number of coincidences around my purchase of said Thin Lizzy box set.
I bought a cap and shirt that say Ireland before, I got the box set, I bought The Departed ( about Irish gangs in Boston ) after. I learned i have a grand daughter coming, and this song is on the box set...

Little Girl In Bloom

Little girl in bloom
With happy heart you wipe aside
Any sadness, sorrow or gloom
Tomorrow you'll be a blushing bride
That loves her blushing groom

Little girl in bloom
You watch the men play cricket
From the window in your room
See the ball go from bat to wicket
Pass away the afternoon

Little girl in bloom
Carries a secret
The child she carries in her womb
She feels something sacred
She's gonna be a mammy soon

When your daddy comes home
Don't tell him till alone
When your daddy comes back
Go tell him the facts
Just relax and see how he's gonna react

Little girl in bloom
All the clouds will go drifting by
So sing your lullabying tune
Every word is in your eyes
As you sit and softly croon

Little girl in bloom
Your love it fills the air
With the scent of the sweetest, sweet perfume
You feel so good you just don't care
You're gonna be a mammy soon

When your daddy comes home
Don't tell him till alone
When your daddy comes back
Go tell him the facts
Just relax and see how he's gonna react

Awesome....
And finally...
...Laredo, we have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment