Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...

You know, the day roses are at least $20.00 a dozen. On the 13th, you can get them for 6 bucks at the HEB, in any color variation you want...same goes for the 15th, and every other day of the year. Needless to say, I don't buy roses on V day. I get a variety of different flowers (usually 3 bunches) and for a moment I am a floral designer. A retarded one, but at least I get the colors right. And Ann gets roses 4 times a year instead of one. It's a win win.
This years selection was no exception, the arrangement was uh, stilted to be kind, but the form and colors were right on the money. At least that's what Ann said.
The card was pretty good too, but the envelope was a challenge. I'll spare you the details.
Then on to dinner, my original plan was Red Lobster. But when we got there you'd think the Rolling Stones were playing there...cars were spilled out for a couple blocks on the street from the lot...so we went to Hill's cafe instead...a local roadhouse (since 1978 apparently...I remember them being around longer). No wait, perfect vibe, excellent service, and an awesome special 3 course meal. With choices no less! Ann had sirloin and shrimp on a sizzling skillet with a baked potato...salad to start. I had prime rib and shrimp with a loaded (ha!) baked potato and french onion soup to start. Our waitress was well versed and (almost) too down home perky, but she provided great service.
Kismet! We both said...it was meant to be.
And it made for a memorable V day, after all these years I can still see the sparkle in her eyes.
And that's a good feeling.
Hope you all had a good feeling too.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment