Tuesday, February 06, 2007

JUST LIKE RIDING A BIKE...SORT OF

This morning I went back up that ladder to the box that hung me up yesterday to confront my demon, only to be asked to add yet another circuit to it before I buttoned it up. I added the circuit as requested and began to make up joints. My ribs were (are) still really sore and the stretching involved was just too much, or maybe I was gun shy, probably a combination of the two. So I deferred to Steve and made up boxes on down the line that were closer to the ground and had only one circuit. And I had my volt tic with me all day.
I have always known that news travels fast with this company, so I wasn't surprised when people who weren't around yesterday were asking me how I was. It was nice that folks were concerned about me.
So, today, around the same time I danced with Mr. 120v yesterday, I was on top of a 8 foot ladder attaching a mc cable (metal clad cable with a hot, a ground and a neutral)to a fish tape when the fire alarm guys tested the system. There was a horn about 6 inches from my head and it sounded exactly like what I heard yesterday. It freaked me the fuck out!
I never did find my Kleins...so I'm off to Home Depot to buy a new pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment