Monday, February 05, 2007

IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN, BUT WHY TODAY?

I got hung up on a live wire this afternoon...120v. Now I've been bit several times, but never hung up. That's when you're grounded ( I had one arm resting on a metal stud header, the other against a metal conduit ) and can't let go. I couldn't. let. go.
It really is like they show in cartoons when someone gets electrocuted, I could see my bones.
I thought I was going to die. Seriously.
One minute I was making up joints, the next I was frying.
Needless to say, I was on top of a ladder in the ceiling. The only way to get loose was to fall back away from the box. Which I did. I had the presence of mind to throw my arm over the sprinkler pipe on the way down and shove my boot in between a stud and the wall, so I was spared a 12 foot drop to the floor. The ceiling grid is wasted. I cut the shit out of the top of my right hand and my right shin and the inside of my upper left arm, not sure how all that happened.
I found my strippers and my screwdriver, but my kleins are m.i.a...which is a bummer, cause I've had them since day one.
Those breakers were OFF, before I climbed up in the ceiling to make joints. Somebody had to turn that fucker back on.
All I know is I'm alive and I will never be complacent about checking circuits again. EVER.
Hoo Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment