Tuesday, February 27, 2007

FRACTURE

I talked to my doctors office this morning,and it turns out I did fracture a rib after all. It's much improved, but still bothers me at night. I guess I'm gonna suck it up and fill that script for vicodin tomorrow. I forget my age sometimes...I just don't bounce back like I used to, instead of one bounce,it takes 3 or 4. Or 21.
We finished the smaller sconce lights before lunch today, 10 in half the time it took us to do 14 yesterday. Repetition has it's merits I guess. Spent the afternoon wiring the pole lights in the back lot. Steve had to go to a meeting about another job, so I was on my own for an hour or so, making joints. These are 480 volt lights, which, if you get hit by it will turn you into burnt weenie sandwich. I knew the home run wasn't tied in yet, and verified (twice) that the breakers were off. But still, every time I applied my strippers to the conducting wires, I hesitated and gazed off in the distance at the panel and wondered " has some jackass turned those breakers back on and I didn't see them do it "? Electrocution tends to stick with you for a while,plus there were other service personnel working in proximity of the panel after all. Ahh, I legitimize my paranoia!
Anyhoo, Steve made up the joints to the home run when he got back and we tested the lights and they all worked just fine. You couldn't even smell any electricity :).
And that's another cool thing about my job, I made those lights work, and as a result of my efforts folks can walk to their cars at night in a well illuminated lot. I guess all that really means is they will see their assailant coming.
Happy to oblige, oh yes I am.
On a musical note,today we got "The ultimate Yes" 3 cd compilation. It commemorates the bands 35th anniversary (in 2004) 31 slices of prog rock at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment