Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Work - much the same, yet different
Being sick this last week has put an interesting spin on things at work. I actually missed a day of work last Thursday (the first absence I've had in over a year) because I couldn't muster the energy to put on clothes and walk out the door. Apparently a 101 degree fever can do that to a person. I did go to work the next day, still sick, but able to get dressed and make it to the workplace. Rinse and repeat for the rest of this new six day work week requirement, but there's been none of this extra working from home that I used to do. Every ounce of my energy has been consumed just trying to make it through the day at the office so when I get home, I pretty much just slug down some TheraFlu and go back to bed. The good news is that today I'm finally feeling a bit better and may actually stay up for a few hours. The better news is that I had a lot of time to think while I spent all that time laying in bed and realized that if I can't get it all done in a six day work week, then they can just fire me and find someone else who can. I'm no longer willing to work those long hours just to hang on to this crappy job. I've never been fired from a job for poor job performance before, but it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment