Thursday, November 30, 2006

THEY MOVED ME AGAIN

The work had slowed down at the last job, so my contractor only needed 1 crew so me and my journeyman got shipped off to sites that needed help. He went south and I went north. Just north of the river. To the holes in the ground and the semi finished building that will eventually be Westwood country club's new pro shop. (10 times the size of our home)
When I was working for the hellspawn pool and spa company, we redid the pool at the country club proper. Surprisingly, it still looks pretty good...from a distance. I hope to check it out more closely tomorrow.
The foreman on this job is a journeyman I worked with at UT a couple years ago, he's a good guy. The other IJ there is this guy Tiny ( surprise, he's not ) , I met him at a happy hour a couple of months ago and he has that kind of punk rock sensibility that makes for an easygoing "connected through the music scene" kind of connection. So, as far as personalities are concerned it's all good. And, well, it's electric work. Familiar tasks, different setting.
A word about westwood and it's members....$$$$$. Nuff said about that except...snazzy from top to bottom. It's kind of scarey installing fixtures that cost more than I make in a month.
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
My birthday present rolled in around midnight this morning in the form of our first cold snap, complete with rain and a bit of sleet. It was 37f when I arrived this morning, and still dark. I parked and my left front tire "found" our trench line, sinking halfway into the wet mud. I was stuck. But with an assist from my fellow electricians at lunch, I was soon free of the mire. I fucking love cold weather, rain or not...it's so much better than sweating in fucking november.
It's bowling tonight with Ann's work crowd. And tomorrow begins the real party, though I'm not sure what I want to do. Turning 47 seems to warrant a wake really, if I think about it. An IRISH wake!!! And if they have the greasy, cheesy bowling alley enchiladas, I might (gastronomically, anyway) start the (Q)wake early!

No comments:

Post a Comment