Thursday, November 30, 2006

"HEY MAN...ROB...I'M STUCK...STUCK...DON'T MOVE THE LADDER...hang on a second."

This from the guy that fucked with me about my issues with heights...seems like everyone has limits when it comes to elevation. Can lights, spiral staircase, 35 feet, nothing to grab onto, top step of a 12 footer. So here he is, stuck at the top of a 12 footer, one hand braced on the wall, one hand holding the trim, STUCK. Inches away from a 35 foot fall. I say " do you want me to let go of the ladder and come around front and catch the trim to free up a hand"? NO...don't MOVE the ladder! And in the slowest motion I have ever seen, he "unstuck" himself and climbed on down saying "fuck it"."They don't pay me enough for this shit".
I guess I'm not the only one after all. I said nothing...He was right, I know about stuck. Frozen at fatal height. Very fucking scarey. That's a long way to land. Land being the operative word.
Even super Kevin has his limits, and I can respect that. With a grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment