Monday, November 20, 2006

THE BLASTS JUST KEEP COMING...FROM THE PAST, THAT IS...

I've been all private investigator these last few weeks, organizing the Toody brunch coming up on the 9th. Finding and contacting folks I haven't seen or heard from in 25 or 30 years. While on the face of it, it's been cool. I found sister and she's coming. Outside of that, I found someone else through classmates. My first real girl. The first girl I ever "loved". And I loved her off and on through junior high and high school. I got that email "xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx has sent you an email! become a gold member now and read her email". Fine, classmates, you wore me down and if there was anyone I would pay to read an email...she's the one.
I ran into her once briefly in the mid 90's...a fleeting moment with no follow up.
I read, I replied. We'll see.
This has all kind of fucked with my head, I'm orchestrating a reunion of people who haven't seen each other in this particular configuration in 30 years. Will it go well or blow up in my face?
I'm calling in my karma on this one, to be sure.
Here's a comic to help illustrate.

CHANCE

Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment