Tuesday, October 09, 2007

VHS TO DVD

We were out at country club spit again this weekend for BBQ and company and I hear the sound of our band emanating from the living room.I venture in to see what's up and lo and behold,it's a near perfect copy of a concert video we recorded 11 years ago in honor of Bill's 40th birthday.It was made by a guy I worked with who was an aspiring film maker and we blew out all the stops...we brought every amp and speaker cabinet we could get our hands on,the back row is probably 20-25 feet long,PA and several monitors up front and 2 mixing boards.
We worked hard for this,practicing all of our songs 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of months,and it paid off.It's not mixed (beyond the live boards) or remastered but it is a faithful representation of our band in its youth.We had been together for just over 2 years and the energy was evident.
As Bill and I waxed nostalgic..."that was our woodstock man!" "We fucking ruled on that one dude",our thoughts turned to DVD transfer and You Tube.
Bill:"can you upload any of this to You Tube"?
Me:"Fuck yeah man!All we gotta do is transfer it to DVD".
Bill:"I DARE you to do it"!
Me:"You are fucking on brother"!
Bill:"We better call LT and make sure he's cool with it first".
Me:"I gauran-god-damn-tee you LT will be cool with this".
Bill:"OK!But let's call him anyway".
So...after the fog cleared,I did some snooping around and found a local guy who will transfer our tape for cheap.15.00 for the initial copy and 3.00 for each additional one.
He says in most cases turn around is next day!I'm gonna drop it off Friday afternoon.
So...look for us on you tube in the next couple of weeks.I'll post an announcement here of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment