Saturday, October 20, 2007

GRAFFITI

I've been drawing devils on the walls of the tower of evil since I got there,in every conceivable nook and cranny and in obvious places and inside walls that will be covered and unseen until the next time they gut this poor building and someone will unearth one of my devils (or the sporadic turtle or dragon) and go wow...check this shit out.
However,at the last safety meeting we were told that graffiti was unsafe,or more to the point,forbidden."You try explaining to your family and loved one's how you got run off the job for drawing funny shit on the walls".Seriously...walls that will be demoed or covered up or removed are somehow sacrosanct.Fuck that.
But you have to be discreet.And my guy Kyle has an artistic bone in his body and expresses it on the walls of the tower of evil,but being 19 years old lacks the subtlety of my art.In other words,he almost got us busted.
The other day he drew caricatures of Abel and me on the wall by the elevators his rendition of Abel was spot on,but he quit drawing me leaving me with no nose or eyes saying "it just doesn't look like him".He got the eyelets in the ears and the goatee and the cap.
On friday the safety guy approached Abel and asked him why he drew himself on the wall...Abel responded with "why in the hell would i draw a picture of me on the wall?!I saw it the other day and thought to myself-hey that's me-WTF???I don't know who did that."The safety guy said he thought he knew who the other picture was of but needed to find out and walked off to another unit.
When Abel was done telling us the story and we finished laughing about it i told kyle to keep any future graffiti non-identifiable.
Too fucking funny.He is so 19,and as much as I try to treat him like an equal it's hard not to be parental,I mean shit,he's younger than my own Kyle,and I still have a library of advice to give to him when the time comes.
Abel and Kyle are a good crew...we get it done and we get along,and they are learning from me.
Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment