Friday, October 19, 2007

Side effects
This new position has some side effects I wasn't aware of until Rob pointed them out. I knew I was miserable, but I didn't realize it was spilling over into my home life. Apparently I've been bringing a very negative attitude home with me. I had no idea that was happening. I'm usually the one that thinks the glass is 1/2 full and might be overflowing tomorrow. But I could see, after Rob pointed it out, just how I'd changed. I supposed the clincher was when he told me that my behavior resembled what I had told him about my mother. Eeek! And he was right! I went into work the next day and turned in my resignation. I don't have another job lined up so I just had to take a leap of faith that I'll either find something else in a hurry or they'll give me some other job choice at my current employer. I resigned effective the 31st, but they asked me to stay until the 3rd so some folks could have that day off to go to a wedding. And being the schmuck that I am, I agreed. No idea what will happen, but hopefully Rob will have his normal Anabelle back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment