Friday, December 16, 2005

FOR THE LOVE OF MURPHY

I would sneak down the hill to the house of Grace and wreak havoc. In the dark I could creep up to the back of thier house undetected. On the first visit, I opened the outdoor faucets to full bore...two on the back of the house, and one on each side. 1000's of gallons flowed to nowhere. it was a 12 year olds prank, meant to annoy, I never realized how it would effect the utility bill at the time. On that visit I discovered the breaker panel, and my subsequent visits focused on the switch marked main...which I tripped on several visits.
I tormented these miscreants for over a year, and forgot my new found empathy for the sisters for one episode.
The walk from bus stop to home was about 3/4's of a mile if you took the driveway, 1/2 a mile if you cut through the woods. I convinced the sisters to follow me on the short cut one afternoon and led them deep into the woods and ditched them in the middle of (for all they knew) nowhere. I knew these woods like the back of my hand and ran off like a jackrabbit.
That was the extent of my revenge for the killing of our Murphy...had this killing happened when I was 14 or 15 years old, I would have burned thier house down.Adolescent hormones can be an unforgiving thing.
Lucky for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment