Saturday, December 10, 2005

CAN'T BUY A THRILL

They shut us down at work on wed. afternoon because a cold front came in with some light, and by light I mean I could spit more, rain. They shut the whole campus down and sent everyone home at 2pm. They told us to report back on Thurs. at 10 am. I got a call from my boss at 9 am telling me they had shut the entire campus down for the day. So I effectively lost 25% of my weeks pay because people in this city are complete pussies when it comes to "inclement weather". I've lived up north, and for those of you who have or do...you understand the true meaning of the term inclement. A patch of ice the size of a dinner plate every half mile or so hardly qualifies as such. Like I said...a bunch of pussies. Let me add that by 11am the sun was shining and the pitiful amount of ice was mostly melted.
Now, the good news is it put us behind schedule and as a result we are working an overtime shift sat. that will make up for the hours lost during our "Texas sized blizzard".
I get my 40 hours in exchange for sacrificing a day off. I'm not bitching about that...I'm happy to make up the lost time. We didn't need the hit to the budget.
But it's this very kind of give and take without moving forward kind of lifestyle that's slowly but surely wearing me down.
And then there's the city utility...Austin energy, that almost sent me south with a hand gun today.
I'll get to that tomorrow though, cause it's really late and I need to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment