Tuesday, December 20, 2005

BETRAYED

For a long time, my parents didn't have a very good relationship. In fact, my mom left my dad and returned to England twice. Once when I was about 14 and again when I was 18. My dad didn't say much about it the first time,and as a result I felt abandoned and spent alot of time listening to Led Zeppelins "Thank You" off of LZ II and weeping like a bitch. My mom had left me, and I was crushed. I knew my parents weren't happy, but the lack of information offered by my dad made it hard not to personalize it on many levels. Even though my mom and I fought like cats and dogs, I was thrilled when she came home.
I was out of the house when my mom bailed again. But since I was an "adult" my dad was more vocal about it. Tired of being picked on, tired of not being good enough. And truth be told, he had taken a beating from my mom on this subject for years. I was silent witness to alot of it, laying in bed and hearing my mom rail on my dad for being a loser...and by rail I mean fucking rail. He rarely responded, except when he had had that wound poked enough and would beg her to just shut the fuck up. Which resulted in more railing on his character. It wasn't pretty, believe me.
One day, my dad and I were going to the pet store together, and on the way, we were talking about mom. Where we worked at the time there was was this woman...a cowgirl...a rough and tumble woman who was my dads friend...and mine as well. In fact, when i was about 15, she invited me to her ranch to spend the weekend...her sons were at thier dads. This woman oozed horny to me, and while the weekend never worked out, I am convinced to this day I would have scored some hot MILF action out in her barn.
She apparently had the same effect on my dad, because he opened the glovebox and showed me a jumbo box of trojan condoms and professed his desire to "bang the shit out of Julia".
But he couldn't do it. In spite of all the anger, the temporary hate, the heartbreak, he loved my mom and honored his vows.
My mom must have felt the same way, because she returned once again and for the remainder of thier life together they were at peace, and i think, finally mended whatever rift was there to begin with.
This experience has had it's effect on me over the years and I have a string of bad/failed relationships to prove it. Fucked up marriages have a long lasting cascading effect and some people never recover from the damage. I recovered...or found my true soul mate ( or both ) and for the last 11 plus years have been happy and content for the most part. The parts that have been less than happy have nothing to do with Ann...just the stones of life, and we've endured them together.
The reason for all this nostalgia is a result of a betrayal. A blog friend ditched his family for someone else, and crushed them in the process.
I remember how that feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment