Sunday, December 04, 2005

A car in my future
It was a day off work and I could have slept late, but I was up at 6 AM when the dogs let me know they really needed to go out. Some days I can go back to sleep after that, but this wasn't one of them. Not a problem, it gave me an early start on lounging around in my pajamas and doing a whole lot of nothing. About 2 PM I finally showered, dressed and went over to my parents house to sign the title transfer for the Tempo. After tomorrow, I'll have a car again and it's one with an affordable, interest-free payment plan to cover the $2000 cost of repairs (some of that cost was just routine maintenance though.) That's a lot more than I would pay for the car from a used car lot, but it's impossible to know what you are really getting when you buy a used car from a stranger and it would not have come with such a budget friendly loan. I know this car has been well taken care of and at under 60,000 miles it should run for many more years. Even if the new harmonic balancer only makes 50,000 miles like the old one, that's still a long time given my driving habits. I typically put less than 5000 miles per year on a vehicle so that comes out to about 10 years provided there's no other major repairs needed down the road. Heck, if it lasts even half that long, it will still be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment