Saturday, December 10, 2005

AUSTIN ENERGY CAN KISS MY WHITE ASS AND OTHER HEARTFELT SENTIMENTS

Lets start out by averaging our electric bill...in the summer months they average about 350.00, in the fall and winter we run about 200.00, give or take 50 bucks. This is ridiculously high in my opinion, especially considering we have window units for our AC that if we are not in the room they are not on, and we have 99% compact florescent lighting , energy efficient to the max. You'd think our bill would be much smaller considering, but the S in Austin energy looks like this: $. Actually, it looks more like this: $$$.
Since Austin is such a cool place to live, the people in charge have decided we have to pay for the privilege. Energy costs are exorbitant, property taxes are astronomical, traffic fines are insane...it's a money grab.
Having been here for most of life, and remembering a very different town from the one I currently find myself deployed, it's very easy to blame all you people who have moved here from someplace else in the last, oh, 15 or so years. California has a special disdain for me, but there are other states to blame for ruining our thing. Yankee is the word I'm searching for, and I wish you would go home. All of you, what you have done to this city makes me sick and sad.
It's like an alien invasion...things seem to be cruising along just fine, but...slowly but surely, these interlopers begin to infiltrate every aspect of our infrastructure. And all of a sudden you find yourself dealing with an asshole at Austin energy...a supervisor level asshole who has no discernible regional accent (because he's not from Austin, or Texas, for that matter...He's infiltrated us from somewhere north of the mason/dixon line) because he's a money grubbing yankee asshat.
Back in the day when a city employee asked if they could help you, that's what it meant and they did. Now when you escalate a call to a supervisor, they still say "can I help you" but what they really mean is "how can I shut you and your 'complaint' down in 30 seconds or less". Asshole...major asshole. ( You can thank Ann that I wasn't waiting for you in the parking lot of Austin energy with a sock full of wood screws the other night after you unleashed your special brand of arrogant, uncaring bullshit my way...consider yourself lucky ).
I don't have a problem with being told I have no option beyond your arbitrary, policy binded one, but you don't have to be an asshole about it. I need to focus on the predicament and the possible solutions, not react to being belittled by some interloper fuckstick with more money than compassion...go home dickweed, we don't want you here.
Phew! I feel better now. Plus, I found my box of wood screws and some odd socks...better park close to the building for awhile buck-o.And buy that minimum wage security guard something nice...
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment