Monday, September 04, 2006

Today gave me a flat tire and the desire for a new job
I left work early today. It was pretty slow due to the holiday and I was very close to strangling an employee or two so I figured I better get the hell out of there. I backed out of my parking spot on the fifth floor of the garage and the moment I turned to go down the exit ramp to the fourth floor my left front tire blew out. Not a simple flat, but an actual "blow out" with shredded belts poking through a giant hole in the tread. I limped into an empty parking spot and gave Rob a call. No answer so I left a message that I'd be taking the bus home. Then I realized I was working nights tomorrow and I couldn't just have Rob drop me off in the morning so I went ahead and changed the flat in that hot, steamy parking garage. This did not do much to improve my mood. And of course, I don't have a real spare tire, but one of those stupid space savers so I need a new tire right away. Make that two tires - not a good idea to replace just one. Except that today is a holiday and my favorite tire place is closed. My next choice for tires was booked for the day and not taking any more customers. This pretty much left WalMart, but not even the impossible logistics of getting new tires when one works 55-80 hours a week could make me shop at WalMart. And that was when I decided that I was tired of not having the time to take care of basic necessities. Never mind the not having any fun - I don't have time to get my clothes washed, groceries bought, bills paid, toilet bowl cleaned or tires replaced. If I made the big bucks, I could pay someone to do that, but I can't afford that on a $30,000/year salary. So fuck this job. Time to find something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment