Wednesday, September 20, 2006

METAL STUDS AND BLOODY KNUCKLES

And fingers, and cuticles and, oh you get it. The metal studs used in construction are hella sharp, so sharp in fact that you can cut yourself and not even notice it till you see the blood. Yesterday I looked down to see four little pools of blood oozing from my hands without a notion of when or how they got there. It's kind of surreal in a clive barker sort of way.
Today it was only two, plus a wood splinter jammed under my fingernail...ouch.It's still sore. I used to have 3 pair of work gloves, but I can only find 1 right glove. I figured the left one was in Rusty's truck, he did have a stray one, a right one...so I need to buy some gloves.
I went shopping for some tonight w/o success...however, I got a nailbag for $1.29 and a tool belt for $15.00.
This is a world away from UT, but I'm enjoying myself and it seems that I do know what I'm doing after all. In fact, I was mistaken for the foreman today...HA!
Perhaps my missing glove is under the couch, if not, I have a weekend mission.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment