Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OUT TO BID

Our contract was officially put out to bid last week. There were three other contractors at the initial meeting. We'll know something by the end of the month. Considering we have done an outstanding job shines a good light on us, but you never know whats going to happen. The low bid is sometimes the most attractive.
Regardless of what happens, myself and a couple of other IJ's will be moving on anyway. When we started out we were at 50% or less, but in the two and a half years that have past, we've gotten raises...to the point that our contractor has to move us on in order to continue making money.
FNG* IJ's = $$$. *Fucking new guy
I understand this, and six months ago I would have taken a lay off over going to work somewhere else, but you know what? Not anymore. I feel I can do well anywhere. And as much as I'd like to stay for the remainder of my training, it's unfair of me to deprive my union brothers of such a beautiful place to learn the basics of what it takes to be an electrician. I'm ok with that, at least that's what I keep telling myself :).
When they hand me my shovel I hope it has a kickstand. And, as an added bonus, it's not the dead of hot hot summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment