Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"THE REAL WORLD"

So...I got the word on monday that I was to report to the home shop on tuesday, at 7am. I thought I was going to be working with one journeyman, but ended up with another. We are at a new construction job on south congress very close to our house, and aside from adjusting to the heat, I'm really enjoying myself! I've been turned loose to do my thing and so far so good, but, god damn! It's HOT.
I miss my crew at UT, but I've been talking to Clark almost everyday about how its going and I talked to Rusty today...his new apprentice, apparently, is 20 but looks 15. Someone even asked Rusty if he brought his son to work with him...HAHA! That's some funny shit.
We were at the shop this morning loading up another gang box to take to the site, and lo and behold, my old journeyman, Lee was there. He left UT about a year ago to work for another outfit, but he's coming back to work with us.
When I saw him he said "hey Rob...so you're finally out in the real world".
"Yeah'' I said "I'm really liking it".
It was nice to see him, not in that friend sort of way, but as a mentor who took the time to teach me the trade.
The real world...ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment