Tuesday, June 13, 2006

SO I NOTICED THIS STICKY STUFF ON MY CHANNEL LOCKS TODAY

I was running some conduit for some switches in the ceiling of this media lab today...it's a spline ceiling, the simple explaination is spline ceilings suck. There's flex conduit running every which way for the lighting and fire alarm conduit and sprinkler pipes and power pipes running everywhere. It's a mess. But I figure out a path...I'm doing this on my own in practice for my evaluation...this is a three way switching scenario...part of the evaluation coming up on July first.
Anyway...my hand goes sticky on my channel locks, I look in the semi darkness of being up in a ceiling and it looks like blood. I look at my left hand and yep...it's covered in blood but there is no injury.
I get down off the ladder and head to the bathroom when I notice my right index finger is bleeding...how the fuck did this happen? Two new cuts on my finger...dammit! And I'm transported back to a time when a journeyman told me he collected scars in response to my tattoos. I think I'm in his school now.
I'm slow, I'm shakey, I may be bloody sometimes, but I know what I'm doing.
I leave you with this...I had to stop and shoot it...awesome...





Nice...huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment