Wednesday, June 14, 2006

IT'S A BYRD BYRD BYRD- A TOODY BYRD!!!!

OOM-PAPPA-MAO-MAO-MAO-A-MAO-MAO-MAO!!!

I ditched my email a week or so ago because I made the mistake of registering at newgrounds and opened myself up to a veritable shitload of spam that even Gmail can't stop. Fuck you very much newgrounds. Anyway...I checked my email today and I had one from a special projects manager at an alternative school program here in Texas (and beyond?) who read my entry about Toody and passed it on to her, along with an invite to speak at a conference. Toody wanted to hear from me and Layla passed on her number.
Readers of this blog will know that Toody was my counselor in jr. high and high school and she is referenced frequently here at depthmarker.
I spent about an hour on the phone with her tonight, she's busy with speaking engagements in june, but plans are in the works for a reunion of our group from high school in July. We caught up some...basic stuff, shit, we got almost 30 years to account for!
I could blather on and on about this, but let me just say this...The restorative powers of a chat with Toody are amazing! My smile is hurting my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment